Position: Maintenance Mechanic
Job Requisition ID#: 9160
Job Description (including wages, shift, if needed):
1. Inspects and tests machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
2. Dismantles and reassembles defective machines and equipment. Installs new or repaired parts.
3. Installs machinery and equipment.
4. Assembles installs, and or repairs pipe systems, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
5. Records repairs made and maintains inventory guidelines.
6. Fabricates and repairs facility and outbuildings.
7. Lays brick and maintains physical structures of establishment. Paints or repairs woodwork or drywall.
8. Assembles, installs, or repairs plumbing.
9. Cleans, lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
10. Operate the boilers and equipment to supply and maintain steam or heat for buildings or processes.
11. Clean and maintains heating and steam boilers and equipment as necessary.
12. Tests boiler water quality, records results on specified form and passes to supervisor.
13. Moves controls and observes gauges to regulate heat and steam.
14. Adjust controls and valves to provide power and regulate equipment.
15. Lubricates, maintains, and repairs equipment.
16. Adds chemicals or tends equipment to maintain temperature of fluids or atmosphere or to prevent scale build-up inside of the boiler.
17. Cleans equipment and drains water from pipes and air reservoirs. Records temperature, pressure, water levels, fuel consumption, and other data at specified intervals for the logbook.
18. Ability to troubleshoot, diagnoses, repair, and or lubricate hi-speed packaging equipment.
19. Must be able to complete a pulmonary function test to wear a full face respirator.
20. Must report all food safety problems to immediate supervisor or their designated replacement.
21. All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or lead person.
1. Loading and unloading of #6 fuel oil from semi’s or rail cars.
2. Monitor wastewater lift station and other duties associated with waste treatment plant.
3. Monitor and maintain the Fairbanks and Cat generators during peak shaving and power outages.
4. Maintain shop area in a neat and orderly fashion.
Shift - 3rd shift (Must be able to work other shifts.)
Salary - 16.64-19.57
Must have 3-5 years maintenance experience, or technical training.
Must have a mechanical aptitude.
Must be willing to be trained in such areas as basic electrical, welding, refrigeration, and obtain a boiler license.
Must be physically able to wear a respirator.
Previous food plant manufacturing experience would be a plus.
Previous sanitation experience would be a plus.
Excellent safety record would be a plus.