Position: Grinder Operator
Job Requisition ID#: 9158
Job Description (including wages, shift, if needed):
- Opening of all barrels and blocks of cheese used for grinding.
- Recording of weights and other pertinent information.
- Making sure cheese is free of mold before going to the grinder.
- Feeding and the operation of the grinder.
- Communicate with the cooker operator, blend set-up, and lead person.
- Work in a safe and proficient manner (Lockout/Tagout of grinder)
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Forklift driving as necessary.
- Must report all food safety problems to immediate supervisor or their designated replacement.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor or lead person.
1. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills.
2. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
3. Must demonstrate a commitment to both food and employee safety.
4. Must be capable of manipulating and moving 500 lbs. barrels of cheese.
5. Must be capable of lifting 40 - 70 lbs. frequently.
3. Must be capable of lifting and carrying 40 to 50 lbs.
- Previous Grinder Operation experience would be a plus.
- Previous forklift experience would be a plus.
- Previous sanitation experience would be a plus.
- Previous food plant manufacturing experience would be a plus.
- Previous manufacturing experience would be a plus.